Opportunity: Synopsis of a proposed capital raise for a De Novo Tribe portfolio by an experienced payday loan/installment lender.
Proposal for Trihouse to Connect Operators and Capital Providers 2017
Experienced Lender with capital is re-entering the small dollar subprime lending space and seeks additional capital to partner with in order to grow and scale the portfolio.
Lender is launching a new Tribal Lending Portfolio having a minimum starting capital of $4-$6M. Lender will contribute 10-20% of the capital into this deal depending on the final deal structure.
Should a capital provider prefer to employ a “state-by-state” licensing model, this Lender is “open” to this strategy. However, the capital required is at least 2x to be viable.
Additionally, this experienced Lender is open to managing a portfolio for a sovereign Native American Indian Tribe.
- Lender has seven+ years of experience in underwriting, origination, and servicing loans focused on the underbanked, sub-prime consumer segments.
- Lender manages the complete personal loan lending cycle from acquisition through payoff or collections.
- Lender will manage all the day to day operations of this new portfolio.
Lender previously launched a $1M+ small dollar/sub-prime/installment portfolio and successfully exited by selling the portfolio to a larger group.
- Lender has launched and serviced multiple online lending products (Merchant Cash Advance, Pre-Settlement Funding)
- Lender worked on a team in the Prime Consumer Online Lending Space (Lending Club)
- Previous Lender entrepreneurial ventures:
- Started an online marketing company that specialized in online lead generation with in-house call center.
- Lender’s first entrepreneurial venture was starting, and successfully merging, an accounting outsourcing company into a larger competitor
- Lender started his career on Wall Street (Bear Stearns & others) as an institutional sales/trader.
Infrastructure in Place:
- Lender to manage the entire operation
- Director of Operations (who worked with Lender on previous portfolios
- All Operations to be done in house (no outsourcing of call center)
- Data analyst
- LOI in place with a specific Tribe having a 5 year Term and a Pre-Negotiated 5 Year Renewal Option.
What Lender requires of a Partner:
- Financial Partner who brings capital to the table. The capital will remain in the business for a 3-4 year period.
- It is imperative the capital partner understands the lending business
- Preferred method of capital monetization is a straight debt deal
- Lender is open to a debt/Equity Hybrid
IF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OF INTEREST TO YOU, EMAIL: TrihouseConsulting@gmail.com your complete contact info and interest. I will arrange a private introduction and then get out of the way. No cost to you!