Available: EXPERIENCED SMALL DOLLAR LOAN [AFS] EXECUTIVE
Director of Human Resources and Business Development 2010 –
Hired as a consultant to develop a new unsecured loan product. The success of that project led to a long-term position to support company executives with human resources and business development.
- Orchestrated launch for new Personal Loan product to expand market share and generate over $600,000 in revenue the first year.
- Directed HR operations for 200+ employee operation across 25 locations, including strategic workforce planning, goal cascading, performance management, staffing, and benefits administration.
- Planned, monitored and appraised employee work results by training managers to coach and correct employees.
- Counseled leadership and offered actionable initiatives to reduce compliance-related issues addressing equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Facilitated conversion from Paychex payroll system to new ADP HRIS technology in a smooth, efficient and diligent manner to minimize impacts and proactively address any problems.
- Evaluated developing call center operations and current market trends to identify necessary improvements and capitalize on changes.
- Recruited and developed over twenty employees for call center sales department and developed quality employees within the call center to take on leadership positions.
- Consulted with technology development teams to create and enhance CRM, lead generation, websites, and automated marketing campaigns.
- Researched, negotiated, facilitated and managed real estate transactions.
- Outlined work plans, determined resources, wrote timelines and generated initial budgets as part of project scope determination for tenant improvement projects.
CM RETAIL MANAGEMENT, INC | Phoenix, AZ
Chief Operating Officer 2007 – 2010
Vice President 2001 – 2007
Independent Consultant 2001 – 2001
Sold “No Problem Check Cashing and More” to CM Retail Management and accepted a consulting position to assist in the expansion of the company into the Arizona market. Due to the success of the consulting arrangement, an offer was accepted for the position of Vice President. Went on to grow the company from 9 locations and negative cash flow to 43 locations and annual cash flow in excess of $10mm.
- Developed and implemented new strategies and policies in collaboration with executive partners to establish and achieve long-term business objectives, providing company with strong and sustainable organizational leadership.
- Gathered, analyzed, prepared and summarized recommendations for financial plans and acquisition activity, including future requirements for operating expenses.
- Led the organization by developing a professional and ethical culture focused on service excellence.
- Conducted research on emerging trends within the industry and capitalized on creating, identifying, and developing new products, services and strategies to increase business market share, drive growth and onboard new customers annually.
- Aligned organizational objectives with company’s mission, increasing revenue, profit and business growth by collaboratively developing integrated strategies.
- Organized budgets, oversaw P&Ls and exceeded margin targets consistently to stay ahead of growth plans.
- Devised, deployed and monitored processes to boost long-term business success with optimal sales and profit levels.
- Supported regulatory compliance by implementing policy, procedure and overseeing all audits to verify protocol adherence.
- Developed program to promote new managers from within, building and maintaining cohesive leadership structure.
- Achieved under-budget and on-time project management to adhere to project goals.
“NO PROBLEM CHECK CASHING AND MORE, INC” |
Founder, President 1997 – 2001
Sole owner and operator of three branch locations engaged in check cashing, MoneyGram wire services, money order sales, tax preparation and other related service offerings.
- Formed the corporation and contributed all startup capital.
- Secured business licenses and permits.
- Selected the sites and negotiated leases.
- Hands on oversight of all stores infrastructure buildout.
- Designed the signs, logos, marketing materials, yellow page ads and business forms.
- Wrote detailed training materials.
- Developed banking relationships, selected and negotiated with vendors.
- Hired, trained, coached and mentored staff.
- Managed all day-to-day operations and ensured timely and accurate accounting of financial results.
- Negotiated the sale of the business for profit.
Experienced strategist, entrepreneur and startup enthusiast with a passion for building businesses and challenging the status quo. 20+ year track record of defining new business strategies, launching new ventures and delivering operational impact, both as a founder and executive manager. Expert presenter and negotiator, able to forge solid relationships with key partners and build consensus across multiple organizational levels.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Business Acumen • Proactive and Strategic Leader • Project Management • Financial Analysis/Projection • In-Depth HR Knowledge • Product/Concept Development and Implementation • Innovative Thinker • Excellent Communication Skills and Content Writing • Organized, Motivational Leader • Strong Problem Solving and Analysis • Customer/Client Focused • Real Estate Site Selection and Purchase/Lease Negotiations • Technology/Software Proficient