Collection Manager – Manage Loan Operations and Loan Customer Care
This is a management level position held accountable for the booking of all loans and the subsequent customer servicing whether initiated by customer inquiry, company policy, customer delinquency, or centralized outbound marketing. This position also manages the recovery of property pledged by customers to the company and other recovery of loss assets by legal, collection agency, asset sales or other methods.
NOTE: Candidate must be willing to relocate to a South East State
- Organize a program of customer loan servicing beginning with the loan booking process through the repayment and thank you process.
- Organize a customer contact effort to occur on loan date plus one to thank the customer, recertify the loan terms and responsibilities, recertify the customer contact information and set expectations of client behavior.
- Organize a system of customer contact pre- payment due dates to encourage payment on date due and at most date due + 3 days.
- Organize a systematic outbound contact program to former customers and selected target customers to enhance loan sales online and at the stores.
- Determine the appropriate technology to support the loan servicing operations and management reporting beginning with understanding the Cashwise systems currently in use by the company.
- Determine the voice, text, email and other mediums most likely to reach the customers and organize the company efforts to use these mediums.
- Determine the staffing needed to meet the customer loan servicing objectives and select, train and manage this staff for cost effective results.
- Organize a system of collections designed to preserve the customer relationship that begins day due and continues during the 60 days from due date to charge off.
- Maintains collection guidelines in written form in a policy and procedures manual that is easily updated and the basis for training of staff.
- Manage the collections staff to increase revenue and maintain customer relationships
- Select, train, and manage the collections staff to hold company losses to management selected targets.
- Coach the collections staff on applicable laws and regulations (State and Federal) and ensure complete legal compliance.
- Determine with management proper incentive compensation for the collections staff.
- Organize a system of asset recovery for assets pledged to the company including policies for the use of outside recovery contractors and the monitoring of their actions.
- Coordinate the charge off of assets deemed uncollectible within the company 60 days from due date policy.
- Plan the recovery of all assets charged off including policies for the use of outside collectors, attorney’s, debt sales etc.
- Organize the company response to all bankruptcy filings by customers.
- Participate in the setting of loan underwriting standards based on trends in the loan servicing and collections portfolios.
- Understand the reporting and analysis tools available in the company loan systems and provide management and the IT coordinator with requirements for additional functionality.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all customer data within the department.
- Candidate will have extensive centralized collections and loan servicing management experience.
- Candidate must be a leader and team builder including team member selection, training, and coaching performance enhancement.
- Candidate must manage for results in cost control of the operation, customer retention, dollars collected and performance to on time payment and ultimate loss standards of the company.
- Candidate must build, maintain and personally exhibit a compliance culture with company policies, goals and procedures as well as applicable Federal and State law and regulation.
- Candidate must maintain confidentiality of customer information and build a culture of confidentiality within the loan servicing area.
- Candidate must be up to date on technology applicable to this function, its selection, implementation, management and use to achieve results.
- Candidate must be professional in appearance and bearing and expect the same of subordinates.
- Candidate must be results oriented.
- Candidate must possess oral, written and electronic communications skills and a basic understanding of social media.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to carry out goals with a minimum of supervision.
- Candidate will demonstrate intelligence, leadership, results orientation in all past work experiences.
- Candidate will pass a rigorous background check and will have not have had a history of substance abuse.
We’re in the $70K – $85K salary range in a state in the South East!