In case you failed to listen-in on the EZCORP Conference call, here’s a few bullets:
- “At a consolidated level the big movers, in revenue terms, were jewelry scrapping sales and consumer loan fees.”
- “EZCORP, Inc. (NASDAQ: EZPW), a leading provider of instant cash solutions for consumers, today announced results for its third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2012. For the quarter, net income was $28.5 million, a company record for its third fiscal quarter, and earnings per share were $0.56. For the year-to-date, the company reported a 23% increase in net income and a 20% increase in earnings per share, compared with the comparable period last year.”
- “Consumer loan balances increased to $79.1 million globally at June 30, driving consumer loan fees earned during the quarter up 38%.”
- “Total revenues of $229.0 million, up 13%, were driven by a 16% increase in pawn service charges, a 38% increase in consumer loan fees and an 18% increase in merchandise sales.”
- “Net revenues of $145.3 million, were up 18%, with the increase attributable to improvement in bad debt expense.”
Check out the transcript at SeekingAlpha. And here’s a link to the EZCORP Press Release.